How do I make sure the CO2 regulator is installed correctly?
These are the steps to make sure the CO2 regulator is installed correctly:
- Check gauges on CO2 regulator are on ‘zero’. If not, try to release residual air by pulling safety release valve.
- Do not screw on the control knob yet. If the CO2 gauge keeps going up despite no control knob installed, the regulator is faulty.
- Connect the regulator (without control knob) to the CO2 cylinder. Make sure red lever is in the ‘off’ position (horizontal).
- Turn the cylinder valve ‘on’, then check the connections for leak using soapy water. Tighten with a wrench until no leak is observed.
- Screw on the control knob and gradually increase to desired pressure. making sure the red lever is still closed